There are an overwhelming number of database and contact list providers globally and each of them comes with their own edge and potential issues. Given this, choosing one could really get challenging. So here are some of the key considerations that would guide you in picking the right match.
- Create a data set that satisfies your business’ data standard and segmentation criteria (So if you do not have one, you ought to lay it out now.)
- Served and/or still serving reputable clients and have a major base of operations in North America
- Verify and maintain the accuracy of their data to ensure its high quality. They should be able to keep up with people changing jobs, job positions, addresses, contact numbers, etc. and must gather their data from reliable sources or from personal interaction with the key contact persons.
- Keep in line with FCC and CANSPAM regulations. Database and contact list providers compliant with these regulations does practices such as filtering out spam traps or steering clear of DNC registered numbers to avoid putting their client’s reputation and sender score at risk
- Specialize in the industry you are targeting. Although, a lot database and contact list providers now specialize in a wide array of industries and are pretty much flexible in customizing list for meticulous clients.
- Offer Data Integrity Guarantee. That is, in the event that they have sold some outdated records, they will replace it without asking for additional charges.
- Excellent client service (because it always boils down to those three words).
Never keep your guard down when selecting a database/contact list provider for your business. Always remember that substandard management and service begets substandard list. Take your time in contemplating who to select and do not be hasty. This way, you end up with nothing less than the best.