Merely securing an appointment with your B2B prospects per se doesn’t guarantee that the appointment is going to happen. Things can turn out badly from the minute you hang up to the scheduled appointment. One of the most important things to do to reduce the chances of appointments not materializing is doing the right follow-ups. Here are some simple but effective techniques in carrying out follow-ups in B2B appointment setting.
- Take after the ’24-hour Rule’. The 24-hour rule alludes to the perfect interim for doing follow-ups with your B2B prospects. The initial follow-up must be made in no more than 24 hours after the appointment is arranged, while the second should be done 24 hours before the actual appointment itself.
- Forward an email confirmation. Together with telephone calls, email correspondences works great in arranging and following up appointments. One approach to successfully utilize this channel is to forward email invitations to your B2B prospects that automatically fill in their timetables (which is a typical email feature).
- Have numerous reminders. This technique is a must especially in the case of long time intervals (i.e. almost two weeks or more) between the day the appointment is set and the scheduled appointment. However, don’t overdo it. It is important to be strategical so that you won’t come across as nagging and bother your B2B prospect.
- Obtain every information you require. When you set an appointment and make your follow-ups, make sure to get hold of all the necessary information for the appointment. Basically, follow-ups function as a way to confirm the authenticity of the initially gathered information and feed your B2B prospect of the appointment details.
- Be receptive to reschedule. Changes and reschedules are inevitable . So, it is important to get ready for it. Be flexible by having backup plans. This is generally a good work attitude that is not just limited to B2B appointment setting.
Whether your business is the one doing the B2B appointment setting or is employing a third party provider, make sure to work on doing the best practices possible and evaluate your performance in order to achieve the primary objective of appointment setting, to have the appointment happen.