The use of social media was first established in B2C marketing. However, its applicability covered B2B overtime. Currently, it is a channel considered to be one of the tigers in B2B marketing strategies as it generates significant number of leads for conversion.
Social media has leverage B2B companies in many ways.
- Social media increases brand awareness and visibility. This is vital in making prospects access you easier and also in allowing existing clients to be more familiar with you.
- Social media is utilized by B2B companies to educate prospects through content distribution. Whether it’s in the form of writing, photo or videos, social media is taken advantage to enlighten audience about the internal workings of their company, to introduce their products or services and/or to talk about their companies brand creatively. This is to aid prospects in making their decision and develop trust not just in the brand but in the company as well.
- Social media helps in boosting website traffic. The inclusion of their website’s URL in social media profiles, enable B2B companies to direct prospects to their official website. Also, it enhances SEO by increasing third-party links, mentions and sparking brand interest.
- Social media marketing generate more B2B leads into the funnel when combined with offers. More than just keeping a company’s name in the front lines of the sales war, it’s a great way in gracing both B2B prospects and existing B2B clients with incentives for their patronization.
- Social media’s prompt nature signifies that it’s one of the best channels to get feedbacks about a business in real time. Keeping up with what people have to say with your business and responding to them can give a positive image. Moreover, this can be an excellent way to improve and even innovate programs that nurtures clients, prospects and advocates.
It may sound like social media is an easy ticket for generating leads, but just like any other marketing strategies, social media marketing requires sincere commitment and involvement, techniques, profound industry knowledge and innovativeness.